Seventeen-year-old Charlie Lewis was taken to the Grand Strand Regional Medical Center Thursday night.
Police said spring breakers from North Carolina were having a party at a home in the 300 block of 52nd Avenue when Lewis fell.
Initially, there were conflicting statements about whether the teen was pushed or accidentally fell from the second-story balcony of the North Myrtle Beach home. Police now say it appears Lewis fell accidentally.
The teen, who is a senior at Apex High School, was found bleeding from the nose and mouth.
ABC11 has learned Lewis has been upgraded to serious condition.
Horry County authorities said at least 12 teens from Wake County were arrested for underage drinking in connection with the party.
- Miranda Nichole Browning, 19, of Cary
- Tyler Scott Carroll, 17, of Cary
- Fernando Castellanos, 17, of Raleigh
- Alexander Gregg Conwell, 18, of Cary
- Chesley Morris Edwards, 17, of Cary
- Jakob Ross Grabey, 17, of New Hill
- Tyler Isaac Hamby, 18, of Cary
- Kevin Francis McQueeney, 18, of Cary
- William Churchill Moore, 17, of Cary
- Fraser Alexander Murphy, 18, of Cary
Carroll and Castellanos also face marijuana charges.
Two 16 year olds were also charged with possession of alcohol.