March held for missing Goldsboro teen

September 21, 2012 7:11:51 AM PDT
A march was held Thursday evening in Goldsboro in an attempt to bring more attention to the case of a missing teenager.

Sixteen-year-old Ken McLaurin has been missing for more than a week. He may have been kidnapped by four men.

His family said he was last seen Sunday, Sept. 9, before he was abducted.

"It's agonizing not knowing," said McLaurin's mother, Kim Best. "I haven't been able to function, hardly do anything - just waiting around for him to come home."

A crowd gathered at the 700 block of Bain Street where McLaurin was last seen.

So far, leads have led nowhere with no new information released on the teen, his condition, or any suspects.

"If you know anything about the whereabouts of the son of this community, please help this mother," said North Carolina NAACP President Rev. Dr. William Barber. "Please help this father. Please help this community. Call in the tip line."

"We just need the community to pull together, bring whatever resources we can get together and bring this young man home to his family," said march organizer April Cobbs-Cox.

Several hundred people marched to the Goldsboro Police Department as officer escorted them on bicycles and in patrol cars.

McLaurin is described as 135 pounds, 5 foot 9 inches tall, with brown eyes, dark hair and skin. He has two pierced ears and a tattoo of the letter "K on his left hand.

Police are looking for a bluish-grey older model car in which McLaurin was apparently abducted.

Anyone with information is urged to call a special tip line at (919) 580-4243.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments