Fire rips through Fayetteville townhome

WTVD logo
Monday, April 6, 2015
Fire generic

FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Firefighters battled a townhouse fire in Fayetteville on Sunday afternoon.

Officials said it happened around 2:30 p.m. at 406 Kirkcaldy Court, off of Northumberland Street.

Smoke and flames were coming out of the back of the two-story, multiple family building when firefighters arrived. The fire was extinguished within 15 minutes of firefighters' arrival.

There was no one home at the time of the fire and no reported injuries.

Officials determined that the fire started inside of a storage room because of improperly discarded ashes in a trash can.

Report a Typo

Related Topics