Couple escapes Kenly house fire

EMBED </>More Videos

The Kenly fire chief credits a smoke detector with saving the lives of a couple early Saturday morning. (WTVD)

The Kenly fire chief credits a smoke detector with saving the lives of a couple early Saturday morning.

The fire happened at a home on South Sixth Street.

When the smoke detector went off, the couple woke up to find their house full of smoke and a fire in a back room.

The couple was able to get out safely and call the fire department.

No one was hurt, but the Red Cross was called in to help the couple find a place to stay.

Report a Typo
Related Topics:
house fireKenly