VASS -- One woman is dead after her house caught fire on Christmas.
The fire started before 2 Monday afternoon in the in the 100 block of McFayden Lane near Vass.
When crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the two-story home.
According to fire officials, nearby neighbors notified firefighters that it was not known if anyone was at home at the time of the fire.
Stay on top of breaking news stories with the ABC11 News App
Firefighters began an immediate search for possible victims while simultaneously beginning an attack on the fire located on the ground floor of the home, the Aberdeen Times reports.
Firefighters said they found the woman and her dog dead inside.
The name of the woman has not been released, and an autopsy has been ordered to determine her cause of death.
Woman dies in Christmas fire at Vass home