House damaged after electrical fire

June 21, 2009 11:49:33 PM PDT
A house in Raleigh was destroyed after a fire on Sunday.Fire crews were called to a two-story duplex in the 2300 block of Persimmon Ridge Drive around noon Sunday.

The fire caused significant damage to one of the units and both of the adjacent units. It took firefighters about a half an hour to get the fire under control.

Investigators said they believed the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the garage. Authorities said it was most likely due to an overloaded circuit and was considered an accidental fire.

No one was injured from the fire. At least four people have been displaced because of the blaze.


Load Comments