Fire in Garner leaves 5 homeless

December 3, 2011 5:01:20 PM PST
A fire ripped through a Garner apartment complex Saturday afternoon leaving five people homeless.

Fire officials say they believe the blaze began in the back of the building at the Bryan Woods Apartment Homes on Bryan Place. Three apartments were damaged in the fire and scorched wood and siding now hangs from the balconies.

Officials are not sure what sparked the blaze.

Deputy Chief Tim Herman from the Garner Fire Department says the American Red Cross has offered to help the displaced residents.

"They're going to come out put these people up in a hotel, give them money for clothes, cause obviously they can't get to their clothes, and they do a heck of a job helping these families out until they can get back on their feet," Herman said.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Load Comments