The school's administration was notified around 1:30 p.m. that a student brought a small quantity of /*mercury*/ to school. Several students handled the material.
As a precaution, several agencies were called in to assist with the situation, including the /*Regional Response Hazardous Materials Response Team*/.
Due to the unknown quantity and location of the mercury, officials closed /*Clinton High Schoo*/ until further testing and cleaning can take place. Cleaning is expected Thursday.
The Sampson County Health Department is investigating the incident and is contacting anyone that was involved.