“Each of the leaders who joined my administration today will play a key role in our efforts to create jobs and grow our economy,” said Governor-elect Bev Perdue in a statement released to the media.
The nine appointees named Monday are:
- Eugene A. Conti Jr., Ph.D. - Secretary of Department of Transportation
- Brigadier General James H. Trogdon, III - Chief Operating Officer, Department of Transportation
- Susan Coward - Deputy Secretary for Intergovernmental Affairs, North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Terry R. Gibson, PE - Director of Highway Administration, North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Anthony W. Roper - Deputy Secretary for Administration and Business Development, North Carolina Department of Transportation
- J. Keith Crisco - Secretary of Commerce
- Dale Carroll - Deputy Secretary , North Carolina Department of Commerce
- Linda A. Carlisle - Secretary of Cultural Resources
- Moses Carey - Chair, Employment Security Commission
As with her previous cabinet appointments, Perdue gave each appointee an order to report back to her in 60 days with the five most pressing problems facing their agencies.
Perdue has already named leaders for the departments of correction, juvenile justice, and crime control and public safety.
Perdue's inauguration is Saturday.