Residents stung by bees after tree falls on apartment

RALEIGH

It happened around 5 a.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of Gorman Street at the Gladbern Apartments.

» Click here to view a map of the area «

A husband and wife told ABC11 that they were in their living room with their 15-month-old child when they suddenly heard, "boom, boom, boom, boom," and thought someone was trying to come in.

The family and a woman living next door came out to see what had happened when they said they were stung by bees from a hive in the tree.

They were not seriously injured, but are unable to stay at their apartments due to damage.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

Copyright © 2019 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.