FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- An adult and a child were hurt when a home caught fire in Fayetteville Sunday night.
Fayetteville fire officials responded to the incident at 209 University Avenue around 9:30 p.m., according to a release from the Fayetteville Fire and Emergency Management Department.
When officials arrived on the scene, flames were emanating from a single story home.
An adult was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. A child was treated at the scene for asthma.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
The Red Cross is assisting three people displaced.