Small fire reported at Edgecombe Co. jail

May 22, 2010 5:08:07 AM PDT
A small fire broke out in a laundry room at the Edgecombe County Jail early Saturday.Fire Chief Billy Whitaker confirms that the fire began around 5:30 am on Saturday.

He says the fire started in the laundry room, and was caused by a belt on the motor of the dryer.

Officials say the fire was easily contained to that room thanks to proper ventilation.

No injuries were reported. Officials say the rest of the building was not affected. Officials are no longer on the scene.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments