Mother, children lose everything in fire

May 31, 2011 3:45:44 AM PDT
A Raleigh mother and her three children are among 12 people who have been left homeless after a fire damaged their apartment complex Monday.The fire started inside an apartment at the Spring Forest Apartments on Coolridge Court.

"We left to go to a cookout and the kids asked me to come back and get their swimsuits and I came back and everything was gone," resident Rinah Daniels said.

The 30-year-old mother says she was celebrating Memorial Day with her family when the fire started.

Investigators say it is under investigation, but residents say they may have an idea how the blaze started.

"We have been having problems with our electrical sockets and the people from the apartment complex didn't come out and get them fixed, so I'm assuming it's that, (because) we don't smoke and didn't cook anything today," Daniels said.

Management at the apartment complex wouldn't comment on the incident.

In the meantime, The Red Cross is helping displaced residents.

Send pictures | Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts
Most Popular  |  Follow abc11 on Twitter  |  abc11 on Facebook

Load Comments