Gas forces evacuation of Raleigh daycare

Firefighters respond to a carbon monoxide incident on Sanderford Rd.
May 31, 2012 10:40:17 AM PDT
Emergency workers checked out dozens of children at a Raleigh daycare Thursday morning after a report they were sickened by carbon monoxide gas.

Firefighters were called to the Sanderford Road Learning Center just after 9 a.m. They said it appeared a stove was left on - causing gas to build up all night.

Click here for a map of the area

About 60 kids and six adults were exposed to the gas. The school was evacuated and paramedics checked over students and staffers at the scene. There were no reports of anyone going to the hospital.

The daycare was expected to reopen later Thursday morning.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments