New smoke detector saves Fayetteville family

June 10, 2012 8:51:33 AM PDT
A Fayetteville family has several reasons to thank firefighters.

The family's mobile home on Laraine Street went up in flames early Sunday morning just before 2 a.m. Everyone inside the home was asleep when the fire started, but they were woken up by a recently installed smoke detector.

As part of a public awareness campaign, members of the fire department had recently installed the detector in the home.

Each person was able to make it out of the home before firefighters arrived, but the family's dog and its new puppies were killed.

When they got to the home, firefighters discovered a smoky fire in the living room. Officials said the fire appears to be accidental.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments