Clayton firefighter injured battling blaze

The family of five was able to escape the home unharmed, but the house is a total loss
February 10, 2013 2:25:06 PM PST
A Clayton firefighter was hurt in an early morning house fire on Sunday.

The family of five was able to escape the flames unharmed, but the home is a total loss along with everything inside.

Firefighters got the call around 1 a.m. of a fire on the 800 block of Bobbitt Road.

The homeowner said he woke up to a noise inside the home. When he opened the door to  a finished attic space he saw flames. Firefighters responded in minutes and the man, his wife, and their three teenage children were able to get out safely.

When firefighters arrived on scene, the one-story wooden home was completely engulfed.

After crews put out the fire, firefighter Travis Price fell through the damaged first floor to the basement. Price injured his arm, but did not need to go to the hospital.

The fire marshal determined the fire started in the attic where the family said they keep a wood-burning stove. However, the house was so heavily damaged that the fire marshal was not able to pinpoint the exact cause of ignition. 

The family is staying with relatives in the area.

Classifieds | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | See Click Fix
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments