Fire breaks out at a Cameron Village restaurant

Fire crews battled a fire overnight at a sushi and burger restaurant in Raleigh. (ABC11 Photojournalist Jeff Hinkle)
May 8, 2013 3:24:38 AM PDT
Fire crews battled a fire overnight at a sushi and burger restaurant in Raleigh.

The blaze broke out after 2 a.m. at SushiGami restaurant on Wood Burn Road in Cameron Village.

» Click here for a map of the area «

Heavy smoke was seen pouring from the building, but firefighters were able to get it under control within 30 minutes. No one was injured.

The fire was contained to the kitchen. According to a report from the fire department, the fire was an accident and about 50 percent of the building was damaged.

No word from the restaurant on when it expects reopen.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments