WILMINGTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- On Saturday, the North Carolina Department of Transportation announced three safe alternate routes for public access to Wilmington after multiple road closures from Florence flooding.
From the south: Take U.S. 17
From the north: Travel on Interstate 40 East to N.C. 24 East (exit 373) then onto U.S. 17 South
From Fayetteville: Take N.C. 87 to U.S. 701 South to N.C. 211 East to U.S. 74 East
Additionally, people may use I-40 to exit 373 and N.C. 24 to reach Jacksonville.
To keep up to date with the latest routes to Wilmington, you can click here.
Two routes to Wilmington that originally opened up on Tuesday had been closed and the North Carolina Department of Transportation said there was no safe, reliable route at the time.
"U.S. 421 at the New Hanover Co. line is now closed," NCDOT said in a Facebook post Thursday afternoon.
Officials are also urging drivers to not travel at all to these counties:
Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, Jones, Lenoir, Pender, Robeson, Sampson, Scotland, and southeastern Wayne (south of U.S. 70 Business and east of U.S. 117).
I-40 in Pender and New Hanover Counties is still flooded.
"Although water is receding on some roads, the roads and bridges may be damaged and the road closures are still in effect. Signage should be adhered to."