This week I took a poll on my Facebook page (If you're not following me, just head here). I let the followers decide between my Broccoli Ramen Salad or my 5 Minute Pie recipe. Facebook spoke and I listened. BTW, I'll post the salad recipe next week.
This is truly the easiest recipe I make. My father-in-law found this year's ago and I make it all the time. Even if you're new to the kitchen, this one's a piece of cake, or a slice of pie, I guess. Let's get to the recipe...
A short ingredient list this week:
1 Ready-Made Graham Cracker pie crust (6 oz.) I bought the reduced-fat version.
1 pkg. (4 oz.) sugar-free Strawberry flavor Jell-O
1/4 cup boiling water
2 containers (6 oz. each) Strawberry flavor (Light Yogurt)
1 tub (8 oz.) low-fat free Cool Whip - thawed
1. In large heat resistant bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
2. Stir in Yogurt with wire whisk
3. Fold in Cool Whip with Spatula. If you're not sure how to fold, watch the video.
4. Spread in the crust - refrigerate for, at least, 2 hours. Overnight is better!
5. Garnish - sliced strawberry (watch the video to see how I prepped mine).
That is it! Literally takes 5 minutes, though I guess I could call it 2 hour and 5-minute pie since you have to refrigerate. Sometimes I freeze mine, instead of the refrigerator, and it gives it a fluffy, crystallized kind of feel. You can also sub out the jello and yogurt with whatever flavor that floats your boat.
I did figure out the calorie content on it. It comes down to 197 calories a slice if you slice it 8 times. It's really good on a warm, summer evening. Enjoy!
Big Weather's Big Recipe: 5-minute pie